G3 Series HMI
Web-Enabled Graphic Operator Interface Panels
The G3 Operator Interface Terminal combines unique capabilities normally expected from high-end units with a very affordable price. The G3 HMI combines powerful features normally found only in PC-based HMIs, with the reliability of a dedicated operating system. It is built around a high performance core with integrated features, allowing it to provide SCADA-like functionality at a fraction of the cost.
The only HMI that web-enables any device for remote operation across your LAN or the Internet
Communicating with over 200 different protocols, the G3 Series HMI is the most powerful communication platform available today. The G3 Series HMIs easily manage multi-vendor devices and provide the ability to web- and network-enable these different hardware types via the most on-board comms and integrated Ethernet. Choose the best-in-class PLC, drives, PCs, PID controllers, etc. from your vendor of choice and control them all from a single point – the G3 will make sure they communicate seamlessly with each other. All connected devices come to life – even serial devices become rejuvenated providing information over the Ethernet.
With the installed CompactFlash card, USB port and web FTP upload connectivity, data acquisition and transfer capabilities are endless with the G3 Series. Data can be acquired from any or all connected devices and compiled into a single CSV-formatted file, where it can be stored, displayed, emailed, uploaded to an FTP or posted to custom web pages. The built-in web server can be used to expose system data via a standard web browser, allowing remote access to diagnostic information or to the values recorded by the data logger.
The ability to monitor only or securely facilitate full control from your remote computer or web enabled mobile phones and devices is standard. Standard web browsers provide remote virtual display and control with screens identical to those on the G3. GSM cellular modem option card tells the G3 dial out with text message or email alerts / alarms to staff facilitating remote connectivity virtually anywhere. Use pass through programming for connected devices that don't typically allow remote programming.
Red Lion Crimson software gives users unprecedented operator interface configuration and control. The Crimson 3.0 software is a remarkable programming platform that gives the G3 Series a number of exclusive functions. And unlike competitive HMIs that charge you extra for cumbersome proprietary software, with Crimson the set up of even sophisticated applications – configuring communications protocols, defining data tags and creating a user interface – is easier and virtually self-explanatory.
Here are just a few of the exclusive features and capabilities included with Crimson:
- An extensive library of point-and-click device drivers to quickly establish communications between the G3 and any device
- Built-in gateway and protocol converter to Ethernet-enable any connected device
- Multi-lingual capability with support for thousands of characters used in formats like Cyrillic or Thai that lets OEMs use a single database for global markets
- Complete library of over 5000 industrial graphics in over 60 different categories
- Built-in emulator to test user interface, data logging and even the web server
- Full-featured C-type syntax programming environment to extend capabilities and use advanced math, local variables, pass parameters, calls, return values etc.
- Flexible, direct access to many internal G3 Series features such as read/write to the CompactFlash card, manage serial ports, created TCP/IP connections to extract data from web sites, or create custom interfaces to unique products.
Best of all, Crimson is included. As are software updates, support, cabling instructions and communication drivers. In fact, if a specific device driver does not exist, Red Lion will write one for you. Free online updates allow you to keep your version of Crimson current with the most up-to-date features. New updates include enhanced functionality, product support, drivers and firmware.